Procedure to Apply for Driving License
An appropriate driving License is a legal requirement for operating any motor vehicle. A driver's license which is issued by the competent authority of any State/Union territory is valid throughout the Indian Union.
Learner's License :
Any person who wishes to drive a motor vehicle has to first obtain a learner's license for the purpose of learning. The person must then be tested before a permanent license is granted. A person should not be less than 20 years of age if he wants to learn to drive a transport vehicle.
- Proof of age : Documents accepted for proof of age are Birth/School Leaving Certificate, Passport, etc.
- Proof of residence : This can be supported by documents like the passport, ration card, electoral roll , electricity or telephone bill, etc.
- Medical Certificate : It is required only in case of transport vehicles and can be obtained from any registered medical practitioner in the prescribed form.
- Photograph : 3 copies of passport size.
- Fee : Rs.60 for Scooter/M.Cycle/Car/Jeep/Tractor is charged.
Permanent License :
A Permanent license of the appropriate class will be granted after the successful completion of a driving test conducted by the RTO. The test for the issue of the Permanent license is conducted after a minimum of 42 days from the date of issue of the learner's license. In case of failure, a retest can be requested but not before a period of 7 days.
- Photograph: 3 copies passport size
- Fee: Rs. 400/- for Scooter/M.Cycle/Car/Jeep/Tractor are charged.
Where to Apply :
Approach your local zonal office of the Licensing Authority zonal offices.