Direction of the Supreme Court of India for School Bus
- "School Bus" must be written on the back and front of the Bus.
- If it is a hired bus, "On School Duty" should be clearly indicated
- Bus must have a First-Aid-Box.
- The windows of Bus must be fitted with horizontal grills.
- There must be a Fire Extinguisher in the Bus.
- School Name and Telephone No. must be written on the Bus.
- The doors of the Bus should be fitted with reliable locks.
- To keep School Bags safely, there should be a space fitted under the seats.
- There must be an Attendant from the School in the Bus.
- Any parent/guardian or a teacher may also travel to ensure these safety norms.
The above mentioned points as directed by the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India are mandatory for all school buses. For further details, School managements can contact their nearest Inspector of police, Traffic Enforcement.